Spicy okra cooked with curd
- 1/2 kilogram Bhindi (washed, dried, and cut into small 1/2 inches)
- 3 onions medium sized finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
- 2 dry red chillies
- 10 cashews soaked in milk for 10 minutes
- Curry leaves, few
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur
- salt to taste
- 1 cup curd
- Grind cashew in soaked milk and coconut till fine paste. Keep aside.
- Sprinkle salt on okra pieces. Allow to dry for 30 minutes. Deep fry okra till crispy. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, dry chillies, curry leaves and jeera till dal is brown.
- Add and fry onions and ginger till soft. Add and fry dry spices. Add finely chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add cashew nut paste and curd. Mix well. Adjust consistency with water.
- Add okra just before serving Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi Masala.