Rasuna Rai is side dip prepared using lots of garlic in Odisha and Bengal.
- 30 Garlic cloves, deskinned
- 8 garlic cloves, for paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Potato, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 green chillies
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Grind poppy seeds, mustard seeds, about 8 garlic cloves, green chillies with some water to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 cups water in a pan. Add mustard paste.
- Add tomatoes, peeled garlic, potatoes and few chillies, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and oil. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on lower flame.
- Continue heating till water is reduced and thickens.
- Keep rasuana rai in air tight container.
- Serve rasuna rai along with rice.