Charchari is typical cooking style unique to Bengal. Vegetables are cooked with simple spices and often cooked until part of is charred or caramalized, which gives unique taste.
Rasun Kalir charchari is simple recipe involving stir frying green garlic chives. Green garlic and its chives are very seasonal and its availability is limited to few months of winter.
- 3 cups chopped garlic chives
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil and stir fry all spices and other ingredients.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are cooked.
- Adjust taste with salt.
- Serve Rasun kalir charchari with steamed rice.