Hawaitharak Uti is green peas curry from state of Manipur in Northeast India. Seasonal veggies like green peas and green garlic are its key ingredients.
- 500 gm green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 green chillies, slit half
- 1 teaspoon cooking soda
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 6 -7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hing
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Boil green peas in water along with soda and green chillies till they are soft.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add hing.
- Add green garlic, chopped garlic and onions. Saute till onion changes color.
- Add this temper to cooked peas. Mix well, add more water and continue heating for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and continue heating for a minute. Adjust taste with salt.
- Serve Hawaitharak uti with steamed rice