Bajri Na Chamchamiya
Bajri na chamchamiya is a healthy breakfast and snack option made from bajra or millet flour spiced with seasonal herbs and local spices. Made traditionally in kitchens of gujrat, bajri na chamchamiya are similar to masala uttapa or pancakes.
- Category: Gujarati Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 cup Bajri atta / millet flour
- 1/2 cup methi leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Lila lasan / Green Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain / Carom Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder / haldi
- 5 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 piece Ginger, inch long, grated
- 4 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Curd Whisked
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
- Mix all ingredients together to form a thick batter.
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Heat pan and pour a spoonful of batter to form small pancakes / uttapa.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds. Apply oil on both sides while cooking to make crisp outers.
- Serve Bajri ne chamchamiya with chutney of your choice.