Drumsticks cooked in curd curry
- Category: Gujarati Recipes
- 2 Drumstick , cut into 3 inch pieces and steamed
- 1/2 cup besan / gram flour
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds / rai
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds / jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame seeds / Til seeds
- 3 Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Make yogurt paste by combining yogurt with gram flour, turmeric, asafoetida, red chili powder and salt. Add 1.5 cup water and beat until thick lumpfree batter is prepared.
- Heat little oil and roast yogurt mixture. Stir till mixture thickens.
- Add steamed drumsticks to mixture. Cover and cook for few minutes. Adjust taste with salt.
- Stir. Add seasoning / tadka made of hot oil and fried mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Saragva (Shing) Nu Lotvalu Shaak along with Phulka.