Karindi is a traditional pickle from North Karnataka. Properly made Karindi has shelf life of over six months.
- Category: Chutney Recipes, Kannada Recipes
- Cut carrot in small strips
- Add brine (Salt water) so that carrots are completely submerged.
- Allow to ferment in air tight glass container. The process of fermentation takes few days. Place in sunlight to speeden the process.
- Store carrot karindi in refrigerator and serve as side dish.
- Optional flavours like clove, red chilli, garlic or pepper may be added to brine.