Rajasthani mirchi vada
Deep fried stuffed pepper, popular in Rajasthan
- Category: Rajasthani Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- salt as required
- 12 large green pepper/mirch, vertically slit
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon amchoor
- 1 pinch of heeng (Asafoetida)
- 1 pinch of kasuri methi (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- Water as required
- 1 tablespoon oil, for stuffing
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 dries whole Kashmiri red chilies
- 2 cups chickpea flour/ besan
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch of heeng/asafoetida for batter
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped, for batter
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Crackle cumin seeds, Add hing, mashed potatoes, salt and ground spice powder, mix well. Saute on high heat for a minute.
- Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Add amchoor powder, green chill chopped and coriander leaves, mix well. This stuffing is ready.
- Stuff the slit peppers/ mirchis with potato mixture. Keep them aside.
- In a large bowl mix besan, turmeric powder, hing, coriander leaves and salt. Add water to make thick cream consistency batter.
- Heat enough oil in deep pan.
- Dip stuffed mirchi once in batter and slide into hot oil.
- Deep fry them on medium heat till crispy golden on all sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney