Fada ni khichdi
Fada ni khichdi is a nutritious and wholesome meal prepared with broken wheat, lentils, vegetables and spices. It can be served as breakfast or lunch.
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Gujarati Recipes
- 1/2 cup Broken wheat / Fada, water soaked for 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup Mung dal, water soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Asafetida/hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger and green chillies paste
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Pav bhaji masala
- 2 1/2 cups Potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Green peas, blanched
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- In a pressure cooker, fry along with ghee - cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, asafetida, dal, wheat, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add sufficient water along with fada/broken wheat and dal. Pressure cook till soft.
- Heat ghee. Fry and roast onions, ginger garlic paste till onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, peas and potatoes and salt. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add pressure cooked fada. Adjust taste with salt and pav bhaji masala.
- Serve Fada ni khichdi hot with ghee.