Lentil cooked in traditional way in Lucknow
- 1 cup toor dal / spilt pigeon pea, soaked for 1 hr
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 2 Green Chillies, Chopped
- 3 Red Chillies, broken
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Milk
- Pressure cook soaked dal along with green chillies and water.
- Once cool, whisk dal along with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds, red chillies, garlic and asafoetida. Add dal. Bring to boil.
- Add 1 cup of milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve Lucknowi daal hot with rice.