A Manipuri dessert prepared with tomatoes and yogurt. It is generally servedin many usops (Manipuri feast).
- 3 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 1 Bayleaf
- Some cumin
- Mustard oil
- Sesame seeds, roasted
- Boil 3 cups of water in a pan and add bay leaf, black cumin and sugar.
- Boil until it forms a thick syrup.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry tomatoes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and pour the sugar syrup over it.
- Serve fried tomatoes with yogurt and sesame seeds sprinkled on top.