Spinach curry with indian cottage cheese and kashmiri spices
- 400 grams fresh spinach
- 100 grams paneer cheese, cubed
- 250 grams puréed tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 pinch fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- pinch of salt
- Pan fry paneer in ghee till golden. Keep aside.
- Heat pinach, chillies and ginger in dash of water. Add salt and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer spinach to cold water to stop change of colour. Chop spinach. and blend along with chillies and ginger to puree.
- Heat oil. Fry fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and onion till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and garam masala. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and puréed tomatoes, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the puréed spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Add paneer. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve Palak paneer hot with roti and yogurt.