Makhana upma is healthy breakfast / snack recipe which can be made quickly.
- 1 cup Makhana, roasted and ground to coarse powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetables (Carrots/peas), cubed
- 1/4 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chana Dal
- 1 pinch Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 4 Cashewnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander Leaves, chopped
- Salt per taste
- Heat ghee. Roast Chana dal, green chillies, ginger, cashewnuts.
- Add onions and cook till translucent.
- Add vegetables, salt and turmeric powder. Mix, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add makhana powder and mix well. Add 2 cups water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Adjust taste with lemon juice and salt. Garnish with coriander leaves and little butter.
- Serve makhana upma hot with pickle.