Arsa is a sweet and tasty delicacy of Himachal Pradesh made with rice, sugar, curd and oil. It is usually prepared on celebrations and special occasions like weddings.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Himachali Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 cup Rice, soaked for at least 4-5 hours
- 1/2 cup Sugar, powdered
- 1/2 tablespoon curd
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- Oil for deep frying
- Grind rice to a fine powder. Mix sugar, rice powder and curd in a mixing bowl. Keep aside.
- Spread poppy seeds in a plate.
- Make small balls of the rice mixture, flatten them and roll one side on poppy seeds.
- Deep fry arsa until golden brown. Serve arsa hot.