Starchy taro cooked in yogurt curry
- 2 Chembu / Taro root, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup Curd/ Yogurt
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 Shallot (small)
- Ginger Small Piece
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilly powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Jeera / Cumin powder
- 2 Green chilly
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 2 Dry Red Chilly
- Salt for taste
- Coconut oil
- Grind coconut, green chilly, jeera, chilly powder, turmeric powder, ginger and shallot into smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat little oil. Stir fry taro. Add little water. Cover and cook till cooked.
- Add coconut paste, yogurt and salt. Stir. cook for 2 minutes.
- Temper with hot oil, fried mustard seeds, curry leaves, shallots and dried red chilly.
- Serve Chembu Pulissery with hot rice