Steamed potatoes along with pickle spices
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, North Indian, Potato Recipes
- 3 potatoes, cut lengthwise
- 1 big onion, cut lengthwise, into thin slices.
- 1 tomato, large skin peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 inch ginger
- 5 -6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped and crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 green chilli, slit into half
- 2 teaspoons Achaari masala (or 1 tsp of masala in mango pickle)
- 3 tablespoons Mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan.
- Add the potatoes, and fry them till most of them are golden brown to slightly brown.
- Now add the onions and green chilli and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic and fry for another minute. Add all the masalas. And stir well for a minute. Add the tomatoes.
- Cook on low heat covered for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and achari masala as per taste.
- Serve along with dal and rice.