Kheeru is a simple and delicious, spiced yogurt recipe from Himachal Pradesh. It combines well with rice, rotis and parathas.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 dry red chillies
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, medium-sized chopped finely
- 2 cups slightly sour curd, medium thick, beaten well with salt and water
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Red chilli powder, to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Heat oil. Fry cumin seeds, dry red chillies, crushed coriander seeds, garlic and onion till onion is slight brown.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and water.
- At low flame, add beaten curd. Stir. Cook for a minute.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve kheru warm as side dish.