Lauki halwa is a delicious Indian dessert prepared by cooking grated bottle gourd with dried fruits, ghee, sugar and milk.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Himachali Recipes
- 2 cups Grated lauki or bottle gourd
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Khoya
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Ghee or clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon Sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Sliced cashews
- Heat ghee. Roast almonds, raisins and cashews till slight brown.
- Add lauki and cook on medium heat. Stir until moisture disappears.
- Add milk, sugar and khoya. Stir till thick and sticky.
- Remove from heat and garnish with toasted almonds.
- Serve Lauki halwa warm or cold.