Laau Dal is a simple and healthy Bengali recipe, rich in proteins, fibers and nutrients. It is the ultimate vegetarian comfort food, usually served with rice
- 2 cups Bottle gourd, cut into big pieces
- 1 cup Moong dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paanch Foron (cumin seeds, onion seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds)
- 2 Dry red chili
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Mustard oil/Refined oil
- 1 handful Coriander leaves. chopped
- Pressure cook moong dal and bottle gourd with little turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and add paanch foron, red chili, cooked dal , turmeric powder, salt, sugar and 1.5 cups of water.
- Boil for 2 mins and sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Serve Laau Dal with plain rice and vegetable curry.