Mawa bati is a popular dessert from Madhya Pradesh made from reduced milk. Quite similar to gulab jamnun.
- 1 cup Mawa/ Khoya, reduced milk
- 2 tablespoons Milk powder
- 5 tablespoons Maida
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- Ghee for frying
- Dry fruit mixture - Chopped Almonds, Pistachios, Cashewnuts and Raisins
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 pinches Saffron/ kesar, soaked in water
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Cardamom powder
- Mix sugar with water. Bring to boil. Make syrup on low flame.
- Add kesar, cardamamom powder. Mix well. Keep sugar syrup aside.
- Knead mawa thoroughly.
- Add maida, corn flour and milk powder.Knead into smooth dough.
- Take portion of dough. Roll using palm. Place dry fruit mixture in center and again roll into round ball.
- Keep round balls aside.
- Heat ghee and deep fry bati on low flame till brown on all sides.
- Dip mawa bati in sugar syrup and soak for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sugar syrup and dry fruits. Serve Mawa bati as dessert!