Pudding made from carrots and milk for special festive occasions.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 5 Gajor/Carrots, either grated or sliced in ultra thin rounds
- 1 liter milk, full cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Cardamom pods, powdered
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts, roasted unsalted
- 4 teaspoons Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Rose water
- 1 tablespoon rice, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Heat some ghee. Stir fry carrots and cook till they are slightly soft. Keep aside.
- Heat milk in a pan and bring to boil. Continue heating and simmer on low heat.
- When volume reduces to two third add rice. Stir constantly.
- As milk reduces to half volume, add carrots. Bring milk to boil and continue heating.
- Add Cardamom, Sugar and Cashew nuts. Keep stirring.
- Milk starts to thicken after about 45 minutes. Stop heating. Add rose water. Stir.
- Keep aside, allow to cool and then refrigerate for half hour.
- Garnish with cashew nuts. Serve Gajorer Payesh cold as dessert.