This is pickle with sweetness of carrot and spiciness of ginger.
- 3 carrot medium size, cut length wise
- 50 grams ginger, cut length wise
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 1 tablespoon dried red chilli grounded
- 1 teaspoon sauf
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 50 grams jaggery
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dry roast urad dal, saunf, fenugreek seeds till light brown. Cool and grind to coarse powder along with red chillies.
- Grate jaggery and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds and little urad dal.
- Add ginger and roast for a while.
- Add carrot, mix well and cook for around 10 minutes till oil seperates.
- Add spice powders and turmeric powder. Mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Add jaggery, mix well and stop heating.
- Adjust taste with salt.
- Gajar adrak ka achar is ready. Refrigerate and store. Serve gajar adrak ka achar along with parathas.