Irumban Puli Payasam
Delicious pudding made with bilimbi, jaggery and coconut milk
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 1 kilogram ripe Bilimbi, soaked in water for five days with water changed daily
- Ghee as required
- 800 grams Jaggery, melted
- Coconut milk extracted from 2 coconuts (First, second and third extracts)
- Few Cashew nuts, roasted
- Few raisins, roasted
- Grind bilimbi fruits into a fine paste.
- Heat ghee and cook the fruit paste.
- Add half of the melted jaggery and continue cooking till the mixture becomes little thick.
- Add second and third extracts of coconut milk, remaining jaggery and continue cooking for few minutes.
- Add first extract of coconut milk and cook until the pudding thickens.
- Garnish with nuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
- Serve Irumban puli payasam hot or cold.