A sweet, delicious Bengali chutney made with star fruit
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Chutney Recipes
- 250 grams Star fruit, raw chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 pint Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Paanch phoron (5 spice seeds),roasted and crushed
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and dry red chilli.
- Add star fruit, turmeric powder and sauté till the star fruit softens.
- Add salt, a cup of water and cook covered till star fruit is almost done.
- Add sugar and mix well. Adjust consistency with water.
- Sprinkle crushed roasted paanch phoron on chutney.
- Serve Kamranga chutney as a side dish.