A popular Assamese dish prepared with tender drumsticks.
- 10 Sojina/Drumsticks, very tender - cut into 2 1/2 inches long
- 1 Potato, cut into big pieces
- 1 Onion
- 6 Garlic pods
- 2 teaspoons White mustard seeds
- Green chilly to taste
- 1 small Tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Grind onion, garlic, mustard seeds and green chilly to a fine paste.
- Heat oil and fry the paste with turmeric tomato and salt.
- Add drumsticks and potato. Fry till golden brown.
- Add water and cook covered till gravy thickens.
- Serve Sojinar Aanja with rice.