Stuffed pointed gourd cooked in a spicy and tangy sauce.
- 6 Potol / pointed gourd
- 4 Onion
- 1 Potato
- 2 Tomato
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoons Jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons Mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Slit the Potols and scoop out the seeds and flesh. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp Mustard oil and sauté 1 chopped onion.
- Add Potol flesh and seeds, half a tomato, turmeric powder and salt. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stuff the potols with this mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry the remaining onions.
- Add bay leaf, cubed potato, tomato, garlic Paste, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the Potols, cumin powder, garam masala and red chilly powder and mix well.
- Cook until the potols are fully cooked and the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve Stuffed potol with rice.