Steamed lentil dumpling curry
- 200 grams Bengal gram / chana dal, soaked overnight
- 100 grams Urad dal, soaked overnight
- 7 Kashmiri whole red chilies
- 3 teaspoons Amchoor / dry mango powder
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, medium sliced
- 3 tomatoes, medium sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 Kashmiri red chilies
- 150 grams yoghurt, whisked well
- Salt as required
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 6 cloves garlic
- Drain and grind dal along with garlic, chillies, cumin seeds, amchur and salt without adding any water to coarse paste.
- Drop teaspoonful of paste over perforated plate. Place it inside a steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Grind gravy ingredients except oil, salt and yogurt with little water to masala paste.
- Oil roast masala paste for 4-5 minutes. Add whisked yogurt and stir.
- Adjust taste with salt and consistency with water. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes.
- Dunk steamed dumpling in the gravy and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Bhapouri hot along with roti.