Spiny Gourd is known as Kheksi in Chattishgarh and other parts of central India. Kheksi ki sabji is spicy version of this vegetable made locally.
- 250 grams kheksi
- 2 onion
- 2 tomato
- 10 garlic
- 1 piece ginger, inch long
- bay leaves
- mustard seeds
- turmeric powder
- Coriander seed powder
- Garam masala
- Red chilli powder
- Grind onion, garlic, garlic and tomatoes to fine paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil and shallow fry Kheksi. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, hing and bay leaves.
- Add and roast onion garlic paste.
- Add remaining spices powders - red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, garam masala.
- Roast the mixture till dry spice paste is made.
- Place a cut on stir fried Kheksi and stuff little spice mixture. Keep aside.
- Add water to balance spice paste to make a thick gravy.
- Add stuffed kheksi to the gray. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve kheksi ki sabji with roti