Traditional kashmiri dish made from Lotus Roots in yogurt sauce
- 500 grams Lotus roots (nadur), cut in two inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon shahi Jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamom
- 3 brown cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 tablespoons fennel powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sonth (dry ginger powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 2 cups yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Boil lotus roots till half cooked.
- Blend yogurt with fennel seed powder and water. Heat and bring to boil while stirring.
- As yogurt thickens, add lotus roots and little water.
- Temper with hot ghee and fried cardamom, cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon. Add salt, shahi jeera and dried mint.
- Simmer till sauce thickens and lotus roots are completely cooked.
- Serve Nadir Yakhin hot with rice / roti.