Kaju Makhana Curry
Kaju Makhana Curry is rich spicy curry made from makhana / foxnuts and cashew nuts.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, North Indian
- 1 cup Makhana
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, large and roughly chopped
- 2 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 12 Cashew nut, for masala
- 12 cashew nuts, for curry
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves / lavang
- 1 cinnamon stick / dal chini
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- Roast Makhana in little butter till crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and roast cashewn nuts till light brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter. Fry onions, ginger garlic paste till onion is translucent.
- Add tomato and cashewnut (for curry) and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
- Allow mixture to cool and blend to paste with little water.
- Heat oil, fry bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander seed powder. Saute.
- Add onion tomato paste. Saute till oil separates.
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Add cream and makhana. Mix well.
- Add roasted makhana and whole cashew nut. Mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with little cream and coriander leaves.
- Serve Kaju Makhana Curry with roti