Chickpeas in a spiced coconut base
- 1/2 cup chickpeas / kabuli chana - soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 5 dry red chillies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 tamarind, lemon sized ball
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- curry leaves
- Pressure cook chana with salt till tender. Keep aside.
- Grind dry chillies, with grated coconut, red chillies, coriander seeds, tamarind, garlic and little water into fine paste
- Heat oil. Fry the paste for few minutes. Add chana. Stir. Add water to adjust consistency.
- Temper with fried mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve Chane Ghashi hot with roti.