Rice flavoured with sesame seeds
- Category: Rice Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 cup Rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 1/4 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Grated fresh coconut
- 3 tablespoons Urd Dal
- 3 tablespoons Chana dal
- 3 tablespoons Peanuts
- 5 dry red chilies, broken
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 10 Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Heeng / Asafoetida
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Pressure cook rice with salt and water till cooked.
- Dry roast chana dal, urad dal, sesame seeds, peanuts and grated coconut till slight brown and aromatic. Grind to smooth powder.
- Mix cooled rice with powder.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and hing. Temper rice with oil. Mix well.
- Serve Ellu Sadam along with pickle and papad.