food art and lentil dumpling
- 2 cups Urad dal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup Poppy Seeds / Posto/ Khuskhus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- More oil for frying
- Wash dal and soak in water overnight
- Make fine paste of soaked dal without adding more water
- Add salt in dal paste.
- Beat dal paste with spoon till fluffy and light. It should just float on water at this point.
- Grease a steel plate and sprinkle some poppy sees.
- Using piping bag, make designs from the lentil paste.
- Sun dry these lentil patterns for 2 -3 days till dry gohoho bories are made.
- Deep fry Gohona Bories and serve along with rice.