This is spicy Konkani curry made using Kele (raw banana). Koddel in Konkani Saraswat curry cuisine. In Karnataka it is often referred as Gashi.
- 3 Kele / Green raw banana, peeled, washed and chopped in cubes
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 5 dry red chillies, roasted
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 piece Tamarind, marble size
- 8 Garlic cloves, whole, deskinned and slightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Grind red chillies along with grated coconut, tamarind and turmeric powder to fine paste. Keep aside.
- In a pan, cook chopped raw banana with little salt and 1/2 cup water. Boil and cook till soft.
- Add ground coconut masala paste to cooked banana. Mix well.
- Adjust consistency by adding water.
- Simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Season with hot oil and fried golden brown garlic cloves.
- Serve Kele Koddel with rice.