Delicious lentil preparation along with red sorrel leaves
- 1/2 cup Toor dal / split pegion peas
- 2 cups Gongura leaves (red sorrel leaves), washed and chopped
- 1 Onion - large, roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 8 Curry leaves
- 3 Green chilies, slit
- 1 Dry red chili
- Salt - to taste
- Pressure cook dal along with gongura leaves.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and water. Blend into thick consistency.
- Heat oil. Crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies, curry leaves, onion and garlic. Saute till onion is cooked.
- Add dal mixture and bring to boil.
- Serve hot Gongura Pappu along with rice.