Lentils cooked with fenugreek green, jaggery and coconut
- 1 bunch Methi Leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh coconut
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Curry leaves
- Red Chillies
- Mustard seeds
- Salt as needed
- 2 teaspoons Jaggery
- Pressure cook the Toor Dal.
- Heat oil and splutter hing, mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add Methi leaves and let it cook for a few minutes until done
- Add the cooked dal, salt to taste, coconut, jaggery and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Serve Menthye Soppina Thove with rice or roti.