A popular odisha street food similar to Punjabi cholle made from yellow peas.
- Category: Oriya Recipes
- 3 Boiled Potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves, fresh, chopped to garnish
- 1 tablespoon Onion Raw, chopped to garnish
- 8 Garlic pods
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Onions
- 1 Ginger Cube for paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Water to pressure cook
- 1 cup Yellow Peas
- 4 Dry Bay Leaves
- 3 Dry Red Chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 inch Ginger
- Soak Yellow Peas (dry) overnight in water.
- Pressure cook the soaked Yellow Peas and chopped Potatoes with Salt, Turmeric, Cinnamon stick and Chilli Powder
- Heat Canola oil in flat pan and sizzle dry Cumin seed, dry Bay Leaf and dry Red Chilli
- Add to this paste made by grinding tomato, ginger, garlic and onion.
- When the oil separates, add the boiled Yellow Peas and Potatoes
- Let it cook for 5-10 mins and then add water as per the desired consistency.
- Serve hot. Garnish with raw chopped Onion and chopped fresh Cilantro