Laau er Ghanto
Laau er Ghanto is a traditional Bengali dish prepared with bottle gourd and spices. It is a simple and tasty dish, which is great for weight loss. The dish goes well with plain rice and dal.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes
- 1 medium size bottle gourd, chopped into small pieces
- 4 green chili slit
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 or 2 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup urad dal bori, fried and crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, onion seeds, fenugreek seeds, and bay leaves.
- Add chopped bottle gourd, little salt and turmeric powder and cook covered.
- Add cumin powder, salt and sugar.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves,green chili and Bori.
- Serve Laau er Ghanto with plain rice and dal