Kanda Batata Poha
Quick and easy beaten rice recipe with onion and potato flavors
- Serves: 2 people
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes, Potato Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups poha/ beaten rice, thick variety
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric, powder
- 2 Green chilies, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Cilantro - few sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt - to taste
- 1 pinch asafoetida or hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 6 Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut, grarted
- Wash and soak poha. Add salt and turmeric powder and mix.
- Heat oil. Fry peanuts, curry leaves, onion and potatos. Cook covered till potatoes are cooked.
- Add hing, mustard seeds and soaked poha. Mix well.
- Adjust taste with sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and coconut. Serve Kanda batata poha hot.