Quick vegetable dish with bottle gourd and bengal gram
- 1 Bottle-gourd / lauki, peeled and chopped
- 100 grams chana dal, soaked for hour
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paanch phoron
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Coconut grated
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Curry leaves- few
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil. Splutter paach phoron, bay leaves and curry leaves. Add onions and green chillies. Cook till onions are tender.
- Add bottlegourd, dal, tomato, turmeric, coriander powder, pepper powder and salt. Stir.
- Add water and cook covered till bottle gourd is cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut. Serve Kaddu dal sabzi hot with roti.