Sweet fried dessert common in wedding in Karnataka
- 1/2 cup chiroti rave / pheni rava / fine semolina
- 1/2 cup maida / all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 tablespoons solidified ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 clove powdered
- Oil to fry
- Mix powdered sugar, cardamom and clove powders. Keep aside.
- Combine semolina, flour, tbsp. of ghee and salt. Mix well. Knead to dough with water. Rest for an hour.
- Whisk 2 tbsp. ghee with rice flour and keep aside.
- Roll piece of dough into thin circle. Layer 5 such circles with rice flour paste applied in between. Apply rice flour paste on top and roll layers to thick log. Seal edges. Cut into inch long discs.
- Roll the discs into circle. Deep fry the discs on low flame avoiding change of colour.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar mixture and serve Chiroti.