Mogri or radish pods are seasonal vegetables. Storing as pickle or achar has been common technique to use vegetables for longer time. This is recipe on pickle from radish pods – mogri ka achar.
- 250 grams Mogri, cleaned and cut in inch long pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kiryata seeds / Chirata seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon hing / asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi / turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur / raw mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed powder / dhania powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mirchi powder / red chilli powder
- Heat oil. Splutter kirayata seeds. Saute.
- Add mogri pieces and saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add other spices. Mix well. Saute for another minute.
- Allow to cool and store mogri ka achar in air tight container.
- Refrigerate to store for 7-10 days.