Side dish from fresh unripe papaya
- Category: Assamese Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 Unripe papaya, peeled, deseeded and cut into small pieces.
- 3 tablespoons oil (mustard oil preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon paas puron
- 2 green chillies,slit
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole red chilli, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- salt to taste
- Heat oil. Splutter paas puron, bay leaves and red chillies.
- Stir fry papaya and green chillies. Add salt, soda and water. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes till papaya softens. Keep stirring. Stop heating as water evaporates.
- Serve Amitar Khar hot with rice and dal.