Bhey is a tasty dish from Himachal Pradesh that goes well with rice or roti. It is prepared by stir frying lotus stems with chickpea flour and spices.
- Category: Himachali Recipes, Snacks Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes
- 2 -3 lotus stems, peeled, sliced
- 2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- In boiling salted water, cook sliced lotus stem for few minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil, fry garlic, ginger, and onions till onion are translucent.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and chickpea flour. Sauté well.
- Add sliced lotus stems, mix well. Cover and cook for 15- 20 minutes
- Serve Bhey hot with rice or roti.