Popular snack with onion and spice filled fried flour balls
- 2 tablespoons Besan / gram flour
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seed powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kalonji / Nigella Seeds
- 2 cups Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Maida / all purpose flour
- Salt - as per taste
- Knead maida with ajwain seeds and salt into soft dough. Allow dough to rest.
- Heat oil and fry nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaf onion and other spices. till onion are brown.
- Roll small portion of dough into round shape puri.
- Place the stuffing in middle of puri and pull the circumference to close the puri.
- Deep fry on medium heat till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve hot with green / tamarind chutney