Soybean stuffed bhaturu is fried flatbreads stuffed with a paste of green soybeans and spices. It can be served with raita or chutney.
- 2 cups Green soybeans soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons Freshly chopped ginger root
- 4 -5 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Black pepper corns
- 2 tablespoons Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Chopped coriander leaves
- Green chilies
- 2 kilograms Fermented whole wheat sourdough
- Ghee for deep frying
- Salt as per taste
- Mix water, salt with wheat flour to form a dough. Allow it rest and ferment.
- Coarsely ground soaked green soybeans along with other ingredients to form a paste.
- Add coriander leaves to the paste and mix well.
- Take portions of dough, roll into a circle.
- Place a tablespoon of the soybean paste in the centre and seal the ends.
- Flatten the stuffed doughs and roll to make the bread flat.
- Deep fry the breads in hot ghee or oil.
- Serve soybean stuffed bhatoora hot with chutney, raita, etc.