Fried cutlets made from banana flower
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Potato Recipes, Recipes for Kids, Snacks Recipes
- 1 Mocha / Banana flower, medium
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Semolina
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumb
- 2 potato, boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup Peanut, roasted
- 1/2 cup Coconut, chopped
- 1/4 cup Raisin
- Salt to taste
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Cinnamon, inch long stick
- 4 Clove
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 6 Dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Clean banana flower. Remove stamens inside flowers. Pressure cook along with turmeric, cloves and cinnamon stick. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry red chillies, bay leaves, cumin seeds, little sugar, banana flowers and mashed potates. Mix well.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Add peanuts, rasins, coconuts, garam masala and ghee. Mix to form smooth dough.
- Mix flour, semolina and little oil to make thick batter.
- Take potato dough piece and roll into oval shape. Dip in thick batter and roll onto breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Mochar Chop along with ketchup.