Bleai is a Himachali specialty, made with rice and buttermilk. It can be served with roti or chapati.
- Mustard oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- A pinch asafedita
- Salt to taste
- Heat mustard oil. Fry curry leaves and onions.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, asafetida, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add rice and roast on low flame for a few minutes.
- Add buttermilk and keep on stirring unti it comes to a boil.
- Boil until the rice is cooked and buttermilk is reduced to half.
- Serve Bleai with roti.