Smashed seasoned rice and lentils seasoned with cumin and pepper
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Rice Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 3/4 cup raw rice
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 1 tablespoon pepper corns
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- few curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Pressure cook washed rice and dal together with excess water till rice is smashed and mushy.
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Splutter peppercorns. Roast cashews.
- Turn off the flame and then add pepper-cumin powder.
- Add this tempering to the cooked rice.
- Adjust consistency with warm water. It should be slightly thicker than porridge.
- Serve it warm with ghee topped on it and coconut chutney