Puffs filled with spiced potatoes
- Category: Oriya Recipes, Potato Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 3 Large potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Crushed ginger & garlic
- 2 -3 green chillies- chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup Roasted peanuts
- turmeric powder- a pinch
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds & red chilii powder (Jeera lanka gunda)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds powder/ Saunf
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Dried kasturi methi powder
- salt as per the taste
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Oil/ butter
- 1 teaspoon Nigella seeds/ kala jeera
- Salt as required
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil. Crackle cumin seeds, onions and green chillies. Saute till onions are translucent. Add peanuts, crushed ginger garlic & turmeric powder. Saute for a while.
- Add dried kasturi leaves and green peas. Saute till peas are soft. Add the boiled potatoes, salt, fennel seeds powder, roasted cumin seeds powder & curry powder. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat & allow the mixture to cool.
- Mix flour and oil. Add salt, nigella seeds and water to make tight dough.
- Divide dough into lemon sized balls. Roll a ball to make semi ciruclar flat bread. Using your hand make this into a cone. Fill with stuffing. Apply water at the edges and close edges with your fingers.
- Deep fry the filled samosas on medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve Singada hot with chutney.